Hot Dog Warmer
Perfect for big events and parties, this Hot Dog Warmer holds 90 hot dogs plus a tray to warm up to 40 buns! Place your hot dogs in the steamer and guests can serve themselves within 10 minutes and throughout your entire event. Add water to the steamer reservoir about an hour before your event and plug it in to heat up the unit. Add the hot dogs when the unit is hot. We recommend placing the buns in the tray about an hour before serving so buns will be at the best temperature to enjoy and to prevent them from getting spongy.
A great idea to add a little gourmet to your hot dog party is to offer a topping bar. Of course there are the basics, like ketchup and mustard, but here are some ideas to bring it to the next level:
- Onions – yellow, white, red or scallions, diced or in strips
- Tomatoes – diced or moon shape slices or Rotel for a little extra zing
- Relish – sweet and dill
- Peppers – Banana, Jalapeno and Sport – hot and mild plus diced red, green or yellow
- Cheese – any kind of shredded cheese, plus nacho cheese or blue cheese
- Other meats – try pepperoni or bacon
- Pickles – sweet and dill
- Sauerkraut, Shredded Lettuce, or Shredded cabbage
- Other sauces like mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Srirachia, barbecue, steak sauce, or even pizza sauce
Did you know the first ever Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest was in 1916! The reigning champ since 2007, with the exception of 2015 when defeated by only two hot dogs, is Joey Chestnut, who holds the record for eating 75 hot dogs with buns in only 10 minutes! You may want to rent an extra Hot Dog Warmer if you invite him to your party!